Wednesday, July 22, 2015

When Daddy is away...


It is Day #2 of Jason's trip to Chicago. There have been trips of his that I have dreaded, some thst have left me feeling lonely and sad and others that made me feel exhilarated by the challenge. So far, this one hasn't been bad. But it is a completely different animal than when we are juggling school schedules and non-flexible morning departure times. Last night the kids and I had a pancake party for supper (a tradition when it is just us during Daddy's trips) with bacon...of course. And then we had lots of snuggle time on the couch before bed. 

Today was a bit more hectic.  We had to all be up and out this morning in time to get Josh to basketball clinics. We then took the girls to Weis to pick out a donut for breakfast. They always think thst is a special girls' treat, but I can only do it with them when Josh is otherwise occupied due to his allergy. They were thrilled because they got to ride in the "cart cart"  (that's Mara for the 'car carts' at Weis).  I was, on the other hand, heartbroken because the two of them barely could squeeze in there together.  It seems like five minutes ago that I was needing to tighten the buckles in the seats to keep them from rattling around in there. Grandma was arriving later than normal so that I could work a little longer than usual with a 5:00 appointment in Mifflinburg. Which was plenty of excitement for me until we got the announcement that a fellow State Farm Agent had passed away and his viewing would be held tonight. And so, on top of the day's work, and late appointment, I needed a babysitter and to stay in my work clothes for an extra three hours to attend the services for Jack. It made for a bit of a wild ride today. But here I am, at the end of it, grateful for the day and all its challenges, and prayerful that tomorrow will be another opportunity to do it all over again. 


No comments: