Friday, August 28, 2015

Observations from today...

This week has gone nothing like I thought it would. And when I get the Erin Condren planner all decked out with folor coded notes and washi tape, I bet you can guess how I feel about crossing it out or editing it. But today-- the most scribbled on day of the week-- turned out to be a good day in spite of its upheaval. 

A few observations:

1.  If you plan to be on the road for, say, a funeral...and need to be to Lewistown by 2:00, 12:45 is pushing it for departure time. A lot. When you're running late, the most logical choice is to stop at Subway because hungry travelling is trouble. 

2.  Every ounce of my willpower was required to keep me from stopping at the pretzel nugget place in Mifflinburg. The struggle is real. 

3.  I cry at every funeral I go to. Or watch on tv. Or hear about through a friend. All of the tributes to my Grandma Shirley's husband, Bill, were beautiful. Bill certainly had a place in my life, but our relationship was not super close. But the tears came anyway.  

4. There are three people, tops, who reaf this blog. I saw them today and they told me I have been absent too long. Hence this post about not too much of anything of substance. 

5.  Today's highlight was surprising Brooke and Hayden (and frankly Lib and Zig too) by stopping on my way past to hear about Brooke's first day of first grade. Loved their hugs. 


6.  Getting to talk to a dear friend all the way home was a real treat. And why would a new iphone get service where and old one didn't?  Huge blessing that it did!

7.  We survived night one of puppy kindergarten with Toby. He was a bit excitabke but did ok. He ate approximately 84 lb of treats and I bet my boots he will barf tomorrow.  But he is learning some good pup behaviors. A plus for sure. 


No comments: