Friday, September 9, 2016

Two Ballerinas


Hello!  My name is Megan and I used to blog on a regular basis. You may have forgotten me, but just when it looked like all hope is lost, here I am. 

Goodness have I missed this.  Somehow my good intentions got misplaced in the midst of the summer and all of its family time and activity. It is a shame, because there was great blog material to be had in the middle of all of it.  So don't be surprised if there are some "summer reflections" to be found here when our fall life is dull and repetitive. 

So far, the new school year is starting to take shape. We are finding a new routine, yet another new normal, and a new pace of movement to things. I am liking it a lot so far. One of the new things we have worked in is a dance class for Mara. Bless her sweet heart, after three years of sitting in the doorway watching her big sister dance, last night she finally got her turn. This whole thing may not have happened if there weren't two classes that suited the girls' age ranges that were back to back on the same night.  So Mara dressed in her adorable little pink leotard and danced her heart out. 



I snapped these two pictures and love them-- the first of Mara watching Lauren's ballet/jazz class for 7-10 year olds and then Lauren returning the favor and watching Mara. Never in my wildest dreams did I envision myself shuttling little girls to dance class, but I absolutely love watching them learn something new and find their own strengths.

So this will be our Thursday routine-- dance classes before a late supper and then a quick turnaround to bed time. I am already praying for the stamina to keep a positive attitude during the long days and the deafening sound of fifteen 4-5 year olds learning to tap for the first time.  


No comments: