Monday, September 12, 2016

A very special 8 year old.


I will always remember where I was when I got the call that I had been promoted to Aunt Meggie status.  I was driving between Maitland and Lewistown when my mom called me to tell me that Brooke Mackenzie Wray had been born.  It seemed I couldn't get there fast enough to suit my anxious, excited heart. At the time, Josh was about to turn 2, and I was just about to burst at the thought of the love and excitement my sister and brother in law were about to experience. 

Turns out, Brooke has been every bit the source of joy and love we expected she would be. This past Saturday, we all got to spend the day together celebrating her at her party. You could tell that our kids had a blast based on the fact that they were all in tears when it was time to head home. Josh was even trying to work a bargain with Libby to stay there for the night, but she wasn't in agreement. 





As if there weren't enough excitement, we were also enjoying (though I use the term loosely due to the angst caused by the pitiful tackling and defense of our beloved Nittany Lions) the PSU game.  We were all on the edge of our seats...and also perhaps on the verge of needing a Xanax...when a storm blew through and took with it both the 1000% humidity and also our satellite feed to see the game. My husband was a man on the verge of a mental break. He hit his knees in prayer and took Josh with him for backup. 


When this proved ineffective (because God clearly knew it was in our best interest not to witness the calamity which was the ending of the game on a large screen) we resorted to gathering around an ipad and screaming at it as though that would help. It did not. And PSU fell to Pitt by two points. I also now have a fear in my heart that this could be a long season, folks. With all manner of dips and whiskey slush to dull the pain. 


That's 2 posts in three days. Let's not call this a comeback but I am feeling cautiously optimistic about posting frequency as I get an even better handle on my schedule this school year.



No comments: