Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Big News...

Big news to report from our household.

Last night was Joshua's most consistent and controlled walking that we've seen yet. I was doing something with Joshua standing right at my knees, and then all of a sudden I looked up and he was standing holding on to Jason. That continued through most of the evening- he'd walk to daddy, then turn himself back around and walk to me. And over and over again it went. If I had to estimate, he was probably taking about 10 steps in a row without falling. So I'm not sure how you officially characterize a walker, but I'd say he's getting mighty close. Way to go little buddy!!

Then, sometime between Monday and this morning three new teeth have appeared. Poor thing- three at a time had to have been rough. This could possibly explain the bottle strike he was on over the weekend. But the top two next to his front teeth that have been working so hard to break through are in, and one to the right of his bottom teeth is in now too. Big stuff!

Joshua had an awesome time with daddy last night during dinner. I have no idea what was so funny, but he giggled and carried on for all of dinner. You just can't help but laugh with him.

I'll keep you updated on the walking progress at our house. It's so much fun to watch him get confidence and take off on his own. Jason and I both enjoyed a few great laughs at his attempts- he was determined despite taking a few spills. This is fun stuff! I think we've said this at every stage Joshua has gone through, but this one is my favorite. It's so wonderful to watch him learn new things and let that little personality shine through.

Have a great day everyone!

PS. Welcome to the world little Max Hertzler! Max arrived yesterday afternoon and is welcomed into the family by 17 month old big sister Halle. Congratulations to Amanda and Brandon on their new baby boy. We're so happy for all of you.

1 comment:

The Bingamans said...

Quit Doubting, he is officailly a walker now! YAY!! Way to Go Baby J!