Monday, January 7, 2008

The Many Faces of Joshua...

Funny faces from this morning before work...what a character.

All dressed for church yesterday morning. What a little man in his khakis and sweater!

It was a quiet weekend for us, but I thought you might enjoy these pictures. This morning, Joshua was making the silliest faces and I was lucky to catch two of them. You've got to love the slobber hanging from his chin in the second one. We'll attribute that to the molar he's working on. Poor kid- he just can't catch a break from these teeth!

We may be on the right track with the screaming in the car seat after dark issue I wrote about a while ago. We've been avoiding the whole issue, honestly, so the only times he's been in the car after dark have been Christmas Eve and last night when we ran out to grab a bite of dinner. Both times were without screaming and choking, as long as I was sitting next to him in the back seat. For most of our trip home from Ciro's last night the light was off in the back seat. Don't get me wrong- Joshua wasn't happy about it, but he wasn't choking himself to death either. I shudder to think what it might be like to go somewhere with him with only one driver after dark, but I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we must.

We've been trying to teach Joshua how to say "bye". Right now, he waves and says "buh" which I guess is close enough for now. Two points for effort.

I had to giggle at him on Saturday night during his teeth brushing before his bath. I use a finger toothbrush to brush his teeth and he was biting me a good bit on Saturday night when I tried to get my finger in his mouth. I kept saying, "Ouch! That hurts Mommy!" As soon as I'd say that, he would give me a hug and pat my back as if to say, "I'm sorry Mom. It's OK." This would be great if it stopped there, but as soon as I would start to brush his teeth again, he'd chomp down again. And we'd repeat this over and over, each time with a hug and a concerned look from him. It was like he didn't know that HE was the one hurting Mommy. We'll keep working on it.

His jabbering is still going full force with absolutely no recognizable words. He gabbed all the way home from church yesterday and spent the majority of Saturday evening telling off one of our cabinets in the living room. He was pointing and shaking his finger and everything. I wish the video camera would have been running.

Hope you all had a great weekend! More to come this week I'm sure.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hello Megan and Joshua...I am so excited about starting this web page, Thank you so much for the great idea. I would love if Joshua and Halle had a playdate arranged someday, she would love it. I hope all is well with the family. Joshua is so cute in those pictures!
Have a good day
Amanda

BrookesMommy said...

Dear Favorite Man,
I just wanted to write a special note to you to tell you how much I miss you and LOVE YOU!

I hear you've been pretty good lately! I hope you're enjoying all of your new toys from Christmas!!
I think Mommy is enjoying the new outfits and things to keep you busy most of all!

I'm hoping that I'll be able to see you soon...I might have to make a trip to the big city of Milton, but that can be arranged!

Just wanted you to know that I'm always thinking of you! I look at your pictures every day! I even have a few of you hanging in my classroom! My students think you're really cute...but I already knew that!

Lots of hugs and kisses to my favorite little STINKY FACE!
Aunt Libby