Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Caterpizzers & Buzzerhys




I hope everyone is rested and relaxed after the long holiday weekend. As is usually the case, we spent the holiday running, but had a great time. Hopefully you enjoyed the pictures from our weekend adventure. I feel like this weekend we guaranteed the fact that Joshua is 100% boy. He was loving dirt, tractors, bugs and the outdoors more than I've seen him enjoy them up to this point. Here are a few highlights from the weekend.

The title of the post captures Joshua's language of "z" right now. He throws the "z" sound into a lot of words right now, but we noticed it most when he was trying to catch the 4 million caterpillars that were on my parents' driveway. He was enthralled beyond belief with these bugs and even got Aunt Libby to get one for him on a stick. But, he referred to them as caterpizzers. Very funny. Then, when a butterfly went by, he called that a buzzerhy. And Libby and I looked at each other and immediately knew how to summarize the weekend. At one point on Sunday, Joshua got his first taste of bug guts, much to my dismay. He had been after this one particular caterpillar with his little golf club. He finally managed to squish the bug, but then nearly caused me a stroke when he put the bottom of the golf club in his mouth. Of course, when I shreiked, he giggled. Everyone assured me that he'd live, and would likely eat a whole bunch more bugs before the summer's end. I will say, however, that I brushed his teeth a little more diligently that evening.

Joshua's love affair with tractors has definitely reached new heights. If you ask him what his favorite thing from the weekend was, he'll smile and say "tractor ride". This morning while we were eating breakfast, he kept repeating "tractor ride". When I told him that pap's tractor was at his house, he said "Call Pap...ask peeeeeease!" Joshua and Pap took at least 3 or 4 tractor rides together over the course of the weekend, and he loved each one more than the last. They went all over their neighborhood visiting friends. Pap even let Joshua drive the tractor, which mostly put them in the weeds. But, I suppose that's part of the fun.

On Saturday afternoon, we got to take a little ride to Aunt Libby's house to see Baby Brooke's nursery furniture all set up. It's BEAUTIFUL! Frankly, if I could move in and call it my very own room, I would. I just can't wait to see little Brooke sleeping like a princess in her crib...all night long. (Like that, Lib?) After our trip to Burnham, we stopped at KMart to look for some outside toys for Joshua. We found him a little golf set that we were sure Daddy would love. And we also stumbled onto a little tricycle that Joshua is mighty close to fitting on. His feet reach the pedals, but he still needs about another half inch before he can push them on his own. For now, he likes to sit on it and let us push him---- he puts his feet straight out in front of him. We left the Flinstone car at the store, although something tells me we'll have one of those soon.

Something else that Joshua had been looking forward to was singing with Pap in Club Bob. On Sunday night, after our tub, Joshua went down to the club to hang out with the boys (and Nana, Libby and I came along for the ride). Pap got out his guitar and we all listened and sang. It was wonderful, and I think Joshua really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I neglected to capture it on a new "singing" video for Joshua to look at, but we'll do that next time. He really seemed to enjoy listening. Hopefully someday my dad can teach him to play like he does. It's something I regret not having learned when I was younger--- and now, this brain might be too old and mommified to make room for that, although I'll keep it on my list of things I'd like to conquer.

Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday (that feels like Monday). Hoping to see you all soon!

No comments: