Sunday, July 13, 2008

A fun evening at Knoebels...





It was fun to pretend we were kids again while we took Joshua on his very first Knoebels adventure. Growing up, I distinctly recall the elation we felt about our annual trip to Hershey Park. Looking back on it, I can't help but be amazed that my parents had the bravery and the stamina to deal with that park with the two of us...strollers, bad attitudes, my motion sickness and all. But we loved it. With Knoebels (albeit a MUCH smaller atmosphere than Hershey) being only about 40 minutes from home for us, we thought it would be a nice little evening adventure. So off we went.
We got some dinner in the park and Joshua marvelled at all of the people and especially all of the kids. Everyone knows he's not a great eater, and shaking things up on him with a different atmosphere had the makings of disaster, but he did pretty well.
Then the fun began. I honestly believe Joshua rode every ride in Kiddie Land. I was a little nervous about how he'd react, but he loved everything. Jason and I kept saying that he had a very serious look on his face, and we wondered if he was having a good time, but every time a ride would stop he'd say "again" or "more" or "nother ride". He never cried once and jumped on everything without fear. Honestly, I thought the rides went pretty fast, but he didn't seem to mind one bit. I thought it was especially cute when he saw the one ride that had the little John Deere tractor to ride. He REALLY wanted to ride that one, and said "Pap" the whole time.
It was a very late night for us. We left the park around 9:30...so needless to say it was a sleep in day today for Joshua. But he woke up this morning asking for the helicopters and another horsie ride. So I think it was a success. Hope you enjoyed the pictures. We sure had a good time.

No comments: