Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Getting Into Things

It was a relatively quiet night at home for us last night. We did have one injury to report, but I think Joshua will live. He's taken quite a liking to climbing inside of things lately. He'll dump all of his blocks out of the bin and then get into it, or he'll take all of his trucks out of their basket and then try to sit in it (it's nowhere NEAR big enough for him to fit in it). He loves taking all of the (clean) laundry out of the laundry basket and then getting into it. Well, last night, the block bin did him in. He was in it, and then started rocking despite my warnings that it wasn't a good idea. Pretty soon it tipped over and he landed on a block and now has a scrape and a bruise by his eye. Why all of this child's injuries happen close to his eyes I have no idea....but I'm considering investing in safety goggles for him to wear all the time.

Today's pictures above are two silly ones from dinner time last night. The first one was Joshua attempting to feed his "Blue Bear" some of his dinner. Funny, neither Joshua OR Blue Bear were interested. My cooking isn't THAT bad!

The second one was while we were playing and Joshua said that he wanted to see "Josh Mommy camera" so we snapped a do-it-yourself shot and he thought it was pretty funny. Sorry for the arm across the shot. I never said I was a pro. But that smile from Joshua is a keeper for sure.

I'm very excited to tell you that I get to go and meet baby Lila tomorrow and spend some time with Lindsay. I can't wait to see them. So, no updates fro me tomorrow, but perhaps I'll sneak a shot of the little princess to share on Thursday. Baby Boom 2008 sure has produced some pretty special babies so far. Three have already been born, with Baby Brooke only 9 weeks away (I nearly fell over when Libby said that yesterday). I can't wait to be an Aunt and for Joshua to have a cousin to love!

No comments: