Thursday, July 17, 2008

"Oh Megan"...

Oh brother.

There's been a new trend starting at our house lately that about had Jason and I both in stitches last night after supper. About a month ago, when Libby and my mom were at the house staying with Joshua while we went off to Evan and Jen's engagement party, he heard Libby say that she was going to "Call Meg". He talked about "Meg" for weeks, not really putting together the fact that Meg and Mommy were one and the same.

Well, he's gotten more formal in the past week or so, and now refers to "Megan" constantly. Last night, he was searching high and low for her. Jason was egging him on (imagine that) and told him to go and look for Megan. So he came into the kitchen where I was cleaning up the dishes, looked all around and then said "Nope". Then he went into the office to look for her and also came back shaking his head and saying "Nope". He then decided that Megan was at Club Bob with Pap, Butch and the guitar. Unbelievable.

I wonder if he'll ever figure out that Megan and Mommy are the same person?

And, Happy Birthday to baby Lila Kathleen who was born this morning at 3:57. I'd like to say, for the record, that my sixth sense (or the Jack connection as I call it) is still alive and well. I was actually downstairs in the kitchen checking my cell phone at 4:00 am for updates on Lindsay's progress, worried sick that I hadn't heard anything (not like there was much I could do...but still). Evidently, all of the excitement was going on in Bryn Mawr just when I was tossing and turning and saying prayers for them. I can't wait to meet her and give her mommy a hug. It's pretty hard to believe that these two polar opposite strangers who met in Heister Hall in 1996 still stay connected and are now sharing life's greatest adventure...motherhood. What a blessing. Congratulations on Lindsay and Ian.

No comments: