Thursday, September 11, 2008

Every good and perfect gift...


...comes from God.
And there can be no question who it was who delivered this perfect angel into our lives yesterday morning.
That was the scripture that kept repeating to me when Joshua was born. And it was all I could think about yesterday after getting to meet Baby Brooke. What a special day it was for our family. I was on cloud nine after getting to spend the day in Lewistown yesterday, and was equally thrilled when I got home to a super-rambunctious little boy screaming "Mommy!" at the top of his lungs when I walked in the door at home. There can be no greater joy than being a part of a child's life- whether they're almost 2 or not even a day old. And the love in your heart just about overflows from you.
Libby and Zig got to welcome Brooke Mackenzie into the world yesterday morning via c-section after a very long day and night of laboring without progress. Libby is recovering like a champ and Brooke seems to be doing great. It was such a blessing to be there with them yesterday to share in the joy of Brooke's birth. She will forever share her birthday with Zig's dad, who I'm sure was smiling from Heaven yesterday at the news of his granddaughter's arrival. What a special way to honor Zig's dad and his memory.
I think I can officially say that I've fallen in love again with the most precious baby girl I've ever laid eyes on. Brooke is perfect- with that beautiful round face and what seemed to be a very calm disposition (at least yesterday). I wondered if it would feel different than when Joshua was born, and I can honestly tell you that it did not. I am just as overwhelmed with love for Brooke, and for my sister and her husband, as I was when we first met our own son.
So now my sister and I have the most important thing in common- motherhood, our love for our children, and our love for each other's children. And I could not possibly feel more blessed.
Since Jason has to go away this coming week for some very official business in New York, Joshua and I are planning a bit of a "Brooke Vacation" for Sunday-Wednesday of next week. I believe Joshua is just as excited about tractor rides and playing with his Gator as he is to meet his new cousin. I'm not sure he understands that she's actually here, even though he said to me this morning "Aunt Ibby went hospital had Baby Brookie". So he's at least connected that much, but I don't know about the level of understanding about the reality of the baby. We'll see. I have a feeling there will be wonderful pictures of Joshua and Brooke's first meeting once we return from my parents' house next week. I've been promising myself that I'll allow myself some time to enjoy the baby and help Libby as much as I could once Brooke got here, and now I'll battle the guilt that I feel for leaving the office and enjoy my new niece and the time with Libby and Zig. They're going to be such awesome parents...I feel so honored that I can share it with them even a little bit.
So, please enjoy our newest family member...isn't she awesome?

4 comments:

Lindsay, Ian and Lila said...

She is amazing!!There's nothing quite like looking at that perfect face for the first time- just a true miracle. I wish Libby and Zig lots of love and luck with their new little bundle. I am sure they will enjoy her as much as we enjoy our new little one.

Amanda said...

Congratulations on becoming a new aunt! We think that Brooke is absolutely beautiful!
I'm sure that Joshua is so excited about meeting his new cousin and best friend!
We are so excited for your family.

Amanda said...

Thank you...Libby is such a wonderful friend, I don't know what I would do without her!

I am telling you that Halle would love getting time to play with Joshua, if you just want some alone time with your sister and the new baby I would gladly watch him for a little bit.

I hope that we get to see you!

The Bingamans said...

Megan, make sure you send these well wishes to the new fam!!! Libby and Zig, she's SO perfect, now I thought no little girl would ever be as cute as my Sydney, but Brooke is right up there, that perfectly round little face is too sweet for words! Best of Luck, Let me know when you start Brooke's blog! haha