Thursday, September 25, 2008

A little person lives with us.



I found a few pictures on our camera this morning that I don't believe I ever posted, so here's your Joshua fix for this morning. He's NOT wearing shorts at our house this morning in case anyone is about to report me to Children and Youth. He's appropriately dressed at home for the chilly air...
I had planned to try to get a few new pictures this morning, but wound up having a silly interaction with Joshua instead. When I set him up wtih his breakfast this morning, he dove in all by himself. Normally, this requires force feeding him, but he patiently worked with his french toast sticks this morning giving me an opportunity to get a jump start on taco dip for the tailgate at PSU on Saturday. And I suddenly realized that Joshua is now a little person who lives with us instead of a baby. While I cooked, he asked me questions about what I was doing. And I asked him questions, which he answered. Here were some of them:
"Mommy....what you doing at stove?"
"Mommy...Josh have chicky bock bock?" (as in, the sound a chicken makes)
I started to explain that I was making something special to take to the football game. And then he started asking about staying at Nana and Pap's while we're gone.
"Josh ride tractor with Pap...go see John and Digger. Get juice box?"
"Josh and Pap play with Gator and dig in mulch."
"Josh kiss Baby Brooke and Aunt Libby play too."
This went on and on while I made taco dip and he ate breakfast. It was a really nice change from our normal routine.
Sleep was a fantastic again last night. 9:15 until 6:30. I don't know what to do with myself.

No comments: