Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall Fun...Kind of a Bust

"Hi bunnies..."


"Don't worry tractor.....I'm on my way!"

"If I just try a little harder, I think I can get it."


"I think I'll just take this one home with me."


So we've covered the topic before of my fall obsession. I don't know why, but it's important to me to experience fall things with Joshua. Maybe because he's an October baby, maybe because I'm just nuts...I don't know. But this weekend, being the only free one that we have between the beginning of October and Thanksgiving (sick, isn't it?), we decided that we'd better get my fall fix. The only trouble is that our favorite fall spot doesn't exactly have a schedule that works with Joshua's....can you imagine?

What I was most looking forward to was taking him on the hayride to the pumpkin patch this year since he was too little to do it last year. With his love of tractors and my love of pumpkins, I figured it would be perfect. But they apparently only do hayrides to the pumpkin patch on Saturdays from 12-4. Yesterday, that happened to coincide perfectly with PSU kickoff and Joshua's nap, so we missed it altogether. We decided to go to Ards this morning just to see what we could find. It wasn't all I had imagined it to be, but Joshua still seemed to have fun.

The pumpkin patch isn't completely out of the question for this year. Next Saturday is the day of the Woolly Worm Festival in Lewisburg, so we'll be there for a while. And if everything falls together, perhaps we'll end our morning with a ride on the "big big tractor" to the patch before lunch time. We'll see. The only trouble with that plan is that Daddy will be tied up at the festival all day, so he won't be able to be with us.

Not too much other major news for the weekend from here. I was feeling a cooking jag coming on, so I got together a batch of homemade macaroni and cheese and some meatloaf for supper tonight. Next to lasagna, it's my all time favorite home cooked comfort food meal. So I'm already looking forward to that. I'll spend the rest of Joshua's nap time folding laundry and changing load after load down in the basement...Sunday afternoons are so much fun. Then it's off to the races again tomorrow.

I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful fall weekend wherever you are. More tomorrow, hopefully.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hello Megan and Joshua,
Thank you very much, there is never a dull moment in our household! We just love Brooke so much, she is too sweet. I do have to say that Joshua is awfully cute as well,love the fall pictures.
Talk to you soon.