Thursday, November 6, 2008

Two-Fer...

Today's a two-fer...please don't miss my exciting post below about my proud placement on the Thankful tree this morning.

But something just occurred to me. And when that happens, I generally feel better about writing it down for all of my favorite people who so loyally check in on my favorite little guy to read. I just got back from a few appointments to look at houses, and on the way back I made a quick stop at Walmart to pick up soda for the office. We don't survive long around here without Diet Pepsi. On my travels through the store I also got Joshua some big boy undershirts. Just in the past 24 hours, the largest size onesies you can buy no longer fit him. It's like his torso is extra long or something, but the poor little thing is getting squished into a onesie that's clearly too small. And so, my big revelation for the moment is that my baby isn't a baby anymore...he's a big boy. With big boy undershirts. It really shouldn't make me sad, but it kind of does. Next it'll be big boy underwear (now THAT I'm looking forward to) and then nursery school and before I know it, he'll be going off to Penn State to start his football scholarship. This is horrible.

While I love this stage that we're in right now--- the talking, the learning, the unceasing personality that spills from Joshua, I have to admit that I miss the squishy, sweet little bundle of blue that he used to be. And I know what you're all thinking.......look out.........she's getting "the itch" for another one. Maybe I am. But we're not in a hurry about that. All in God's time.

No comments: