Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Is this a guilty face or what? You may notice a bit of chocolate icing around Joshua's mouth.....might it have been from the birthday cake he "helped" me ice for Daddy last night? I believe more icing went on Joshua than went on the cake, but we had fun. Sprinkles and all.

So today is Daddy's Happy Birthday and Joshua has made a big production out of celebrating with him. He's made cards and signs on his easel. He's helped him unwrap his present and happily assisted in eating chocolate cake with "gooey icing" (as he calls it). He even "sang" to him last night/ Sadly, duty calls tonight and I won't be able to be home with Jason and Joshua for his actual birthday. I'll be at our United Way allocations presentations tonight until around 9, so we celebrated a day early with a pretty yummy dinner and some cake and presents.

Joshua was already asking me this morning if he could have more cake. After the sugar rush we experienced last night, I'm not sure that's a good idea....but we'll let that one up to the Birthday Man himself and see how brave he's feeling.

Happy Birthday Jason! We love you very much!

No comments: