Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Makeshift Music Class...


So my profession got in the way of our music class fun last evening. Just as I was about to rush out the door to begin the Manic Monday pick up routine, I got a phone call about two accidents that had happened here in Lewisburg due to the icy roads. Our music class is located atop a huge hill that comes out onto the highway, so I decided not to risk a bobsled ride with Joshua that could end very badly if we didn't get good braking on the hill. When I got home, Judy had Joshua all dressed in his shoes and coat and hat, and I felt horrible disappointing him. The good news was that he was over it in a few minutes and we were on to something else.

So we had our own makeshift music class last evening at home. After dinner, Joshua began serenading us with his guitar and his other instruments. I wish I had had the video camera handy for his drum solo---- it involved his maracas as the "drumsticks" and his sit-and-spin as the drum. Flash back to your childhood and you'll remember that there are two levels to the contraption, so he had a drum and a cymbal to play on. We nearly cracked up. Later in the evening, Jason got out his trumpet and let Joshua see that. He was especially happy to sing along and play his guitar while Daddy played songs on the trumpet. What a peaceful evening we had! But it was fun...Joshua must have told me ten times while he ate his Eggo this morning that he had SO much fun with the trumpet last night.

We improvised, but I think it worked out OK. Next Monday we'll take the instruction of the experts and head back with the other kids. Maybe this winter weather issue is why I've never had Joshua in the "spring semester" music class before.
Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments: