Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Special Message...

... to Aunt Libby! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Joshua worked very hard at our little picture this morning to make sure Aunt Libby knows we're thinking about her today. He suggested that we make her a cake with gooey icing, but we didn't really have enough time to accomplish that before I left for my first appointment this morning.

There were a lot of really happy things to mention about yesterday, so I'll get right to it.

Amazingly, Jason and I got to sneak away in the middle of the day and have lunch together...at a restaurant...without Joshua...and without any other official event that we are attending for an organization one of us is affiliated with. I can honestly admit to all of you (because you know me and love me regardless), that the last time Jason and I have been out together to eat without any of the above mentioned circumstances was last year about this time when Jason cooked up a scheme to whisk me away to the Carnegie House in State College for a fancy dinner, wine and quiet conversation. This time wasn't quite so over the top. Jason had yesterday off because of the holiday and had been studying for his big exam coming up. He took a break and we went to Vic's Pub for a nice lunch together. It was wonderful.

Then, after work, I was in the midst of the Manic Monday rush to get Joshua to music class and it turned out that Joshua had convinced his Daddy to come along with us. He was so excited that Daddy came along. Lucky for Jason, there were a few other Daddies there yesterday so it wasn't quite the Mommy-overload he might normally have endured. A very fun time for all of us.
Last evening things went into meltdown mode a bit, but by the speed with which he fell asleep last evening, I'm chalking that up to him being over tired. He's probably still making up for being sick last week.

And speaking of that, I have one little silly story from our escapade last Thursday night. I believe both Joshua and I finally fell asleep for a solid chunk of time between 4 and 6 am on Friday morning. At 6 I heard Joshua whispering to Bear. He said, "Bear...when Mommy wakes up, I'm going to ask her to get me my water. I'm so thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirsty." That's when I got up. Poor little guy knew I was tired, but his thirsty outweighed my exhaustion by a long shot. Too funny.


And now, it's on to the business of the day. Happy Birthday Aunt Libby. We love you and can't wait to see you soon.

1 comment:

BrookesMommy said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
The BIG 2-6...MAN, I'm old!

I love you, gorgeous man...hope to see you soon!
Thanks for thinking of me today!

Please save my birthday banner so I can hang it on my fridge!