Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The moral of yesterday...

I know that this blog is supposed to be about Joshua. But I have to steal a moment of the attention that is meant for him to share an important lesson I learned...shall we say, the hard way...yesterday afternoon.

The moral is: You should never get gabby with your hairdresser when she's got scissors in her hand. Do not get chatting about your children and start telling stories about them. Do not, whatever you do, get talking about being pregnant.

Why, you wonder? Well, sometimes when the one with the scissors is a little...ummm....distracted, they tend to go a little overboard in the cutting department. And then you'll end up with about 2 less inches of hair on your head than what you had requested.

I placed a frantic call to my sister as soon as I hit the parking lot. I could tell, even before looking at the haircut again in the rear view mirror by the way the cold wind was hitting MY NECK that it was way shorter than I asked for. I think I scared her with the panic in my voice, but she talked me down from the ledge like a pro. (You can tell we've been here before!) I quickly snapped a picture with my phone and sent it to her for her opinion. And like a good sister, she said she liked it and that I should "work the short hair sister". I'm trying... but "working" a hairdo isn't my specialty. That's probably why it's looked the same for a very long time.

Oh well, what's done is done. But yikes. Heed the warning. Mouth shut when the lady has the scissors!

And since it's likely to be a little while before I can supply you any new Joshua photos, here he was this morning dressed in his "Santa Claus" outfit. (Red and white.....get it?) Today's my last day at the office before we leave for Hershey. Josh and I will spend tomorrow getting packed up at home. Hopefully we'll squeeze some groceries into the mix as well so we don't all starve upon our return home on Sunday. I'll do my best to snap some pictures of Joshua this weekend at Key Club convention. It'll be a fun trip. I'm also less anxious about the peanut situation after talking to someone who I believe may have been the head of Food Service for the Hershey Lodge. She assured me that there is not one single drop of peanut oil on the premises, and that most nuts have been eliminated from their banquet foods other than the obvious places. I'm not worried about the obvious stuff (we're clearly not going to give him Reeses Peanut Butter Pie or anything like that), but I worry about the stuff we can't see. She also assured me that the servers in the banquets could get us a full listing of ingredients in anything we were suspicious about if we needed them to. I believe I've caused enough trouble already, so we'll try not to make a spectacle of ourselves, but at least we know that Joshua can probably find something to eat on the buffets while we're away.

I'll post again Monday when we return. Have a great end of the week and a wonderful weekend everyone!


1 comment:

Lindsay, Ian and Lila said...

Uhh- picture of the short hair please??
And by the way, I'm sure it looks way better than you are describing. It's always a shock at first, but it will grow back- it's only hair. (This from the girl who cries if her hair is cut shorter than her shoulders- but I am better at giving advice than taking it :)