Thursday, April 2, 2009

Do you know what makes a pregnant mommy happy?

S-T-R-E-T-C-H-Y Pants!

I've officially crossed over, my friends. Sometime over the past 48 hours, the pulling and stretching that I've been feeling has accomplished something. I put on a pair of nylons this morning and nearly cried at how uncomfortable they were. I sat on the bed thinking, "You can do it!" and then quickly realized that I could not. So into the stretchy pants I went.

And oh my goodness....what a difference that makes.

It still seems a little early to me to be thinking about elastic as my new best friend (13 weeks), but I can't deny the bulging tummy. I've been thinking that it's just "redistribution of fluff", but it's not looking that way today at all. I don't think it's that I've indulged in more than I should have. The scale isn't really moving at all. Anyway, no sense justifying anything. As my dad would say, "It is what it is, Meg." Someone who has had two children, please tell me that you were in need of some stretch earlier with the second one than with the first.

I know this blog is not about me, but I guess...indirectly...this post is about the one we're waiting to meet. So it qualifies for posting here.

God bless the person who invented stretchy pants.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Definitely needed the matenity clothes earlier with the second one even though I didn't start packing on the pounds until 20 weeks.
It comes with the territory. Enjoy the stretchy pants while you can!!! I would still wear them now if I had an excuse.

Lindsay, Ian and Lila said...

You've officially crossed over- congrats!! I remember how good those pants felt once I caved-in, my only question was "what was I waiting for?"
By the way- I think all jeans should come with a stretchy waist. The world would be a much better place if they did :)