Monday, July 13, 2009

The weekend is over already?


It's never good when a weekend comes and goes and you can hardly recall what happened. But that's been the nature of our summer so far, and it's not showing any signs of slowing down. I personally spent the large chunk of the weekend working on a to-do list that I swear was growing and multiplying right before my very eyes. I'd cross one thing off and add three more things to the bottom. Needless to say, the weekend ended with a few things left uncrossed....I hated it, but couldn't do anything about it.

I had high hopes of getting the nursery completely put together this weekend, but that didn't happen. I did, however, clear it of all things blue, so we're ready for the transformation whenever I get motivated to do that again. Jason and Joshua are going to reassemble the crib and raise the crib mattress again (talk about the circle of life!) and then I'll be ready to set up some very cute lady bug decor. There will be some painting of shelves and fixtures that need to be attended to, but we'll get there. With only 11 weeks to go as of tomorrow, I'm starting to feel the need to get some of these things done.

Joshua and I had the pleasure of attending my friend Karen's daughter's (Delaney) 1st birthday celebration yesterday. I know that all children are miracles....and I truly believe that....but this beautiful little girl is something really special. After loss after devastating loss, Delaney came into the world last July 9th and is such a joy. What a blessing to have shared in the celebration of her first year of living. It was proof that God answers prayer and He hears every single one that we send. Some get answered on a different time table than we ever expect.

This week is a complete whirlwind.....and I do mean COMPLETE whirlwind. I already feel like I'm chasing my tail...and that's not generally a good sign on Monday. We will survive...and likely will have a to-do list to rival this weekend's by the time Friday rolls around. I should be used to this by now.

In the meantime, enjoy the picture of my favorite monkey, who just HAD to have a banana for breakfast the other day because the monkeys on his pajamas were also eating them. Couldn't argue with that logic.

No comments: