Monday, December 7, 2009

Randomness

After the thrill of being able to play Pastor Dave's drums from the worship team at church, Joshua made everything into a drum at our house on Sunday afternoon. Oh the pounding! He was sitting on his guitar as his "stool" and using the phone as the drum pad. He also declared to Pastor Jamie when walking out the door that when he grows up he wants to be a pastor. Pastor Jamie told him that if he still feels that way when he's a little bigger, he can come and talk to him about it. Joshua said that would be OK.



Here's Lauren, pretty in pink (and ruffles....I think I may have a problem) after church. She was so adorable in her little church outfit that I couldn't bear to change her clothes after we got home. So we kept her dressed up for Nana's visit and never did end up changing her until it was time for a tub and pajamas in the evening. It may be a blessing in disguise that I haven't been able to leave the house to do anything fun like shopping since September 30th. Our bank account may be better off because of it. The cutenesns of little girls' clothes is really catching me off guard!

I wish I had something exciting to report, but I'm afraid I don't. Jason and I are battling a cold/sore throat thing that seems to be no fun at all, and we're hoping that the kids can be spared. The end of the week holds more excitement than the beginning. We have a Christmas dinner to go to on Thursday night, so all four of us will venture to a restaurant for the first time. Luckily it's Ciro's where we know everyone, so it should work out OK. (If it's anything like our first trip there after Joshua was born, the owner's wife will take Lauren with her while she waits tables and speak to her in Italian). Saturday morning we're going to make a quick appearance at the Kiwanis Breakfast with Santa so that Joshua can make his requests to the Man in Red. I haven't seen any of our club members since Lauren was born, either, so it'll be nice to show my face again and let them take a quick peek at the baby. Saturday night we have a Christmas dinner to go to at church, so we're looking forward to that. We hear it's a big deal, but will have to report on that after the fact. All I know is that I need to bring macaroni and cheese and a dessert. Should be a nice evening.
Until then, it's feeding, changing, laundry, wrapping presents, etc. over and over and over again.


No comments: