Monday, February 8, 2010

Winter Weekend Fun & A Prayer for Mrs. Mabus

It was a fun winter weekend....fun mostly because we didn't get the dumping of snow that so many are dealing with. The 6 or so inches that fell in our yard were perfect for playing in but didn't create much problem otherwise. Just how we like it. Joshua had a blast! After Jason finished with the snowblower, we got him all bundled up and sent him out with Daddy. If you ask him his favorite part he'll tell you that he had fun digging for dinosaur bones....and evidently they found one. Who knew we had dinosaurs in our yard at one time long long ago.



While Daddy and Joshua were outside enjoying the white stuff, the girls were staying warm inside. I made it as far as the front porch to take some pictures. Then, this is how I found Lauren when I went up to her bed to check on her. She had blessed me with an "in the crib" nap that lasted longer than the time it took me to walk out of the room. I can count on one hand the number of times that has happened. I managed to clean a bathroom while she slept--- a huge bonus!



The rest of the weekend was more of the same. Lauren was about as pleasant as she could be on Saturday. She's spending more and more time smiling and laughing, and has really enjoyed standing quite a bit lately. If we hold onto her hands, she likes to be standing up on your legs looking around.


Joshua got to have a piece of Daddy's birthday cake after eating a good supper on Saturday night. Till he was done, he was chocolate covered from eyeballs to chin. If only he would dig into his real food the way that he does chocolate cake...




And finally, we all need to be in prayer for Mrs. Mabus, Joshua's nursery school teacher. I've been praying for her for years without knowing who she would be. But I hope that God has strengthened her for her introduction to Joshua at this afternoon's nursery school class. At this point, Joshua is still really excited about going to school. His backpack is labeled with all of his necessary supplies tucked neatly inside. He's talking about school and what he'll do there with great joy. I just wonder if the enthusiasm will last when it's time for me to leave him there. I'll know very soon, as I'm leaving now to pick up my favorite little man and take him to school.
Maybe you should pray for me too.

No comments: