Thursday, December 30, 2010

A few shots that make me smile.

 A rare look at the two of them together.  Please don't miss the fact that Lauren isn't wearing pants.  It seems to be a new thing for her to take off her pants after supper.  You can't see it, but she was also only wearing one sock.  Who knows why.  But that's my girl...always keeping us guessing.

 I asked for a smile.  This is what I got.

Whenever Jason will look at Lauren and put his hands on his hips, she also does it.  Makes me laugh.


Things are going really well at the new house.  It's starting to feel less and less like we're on vacation and more like we're home.  I suppose that's how this whole thing is supposed to work.  Yesterday marked the official end of our ownership at 14 Greenbriar Drive.  Closing went through without a hitch yesterday morning and we received our appropriate paperwork and funds yesterday afternoon.  I went into the house on Tuesday afternoon to pick up the cleaning supplies that had been used there that morning and said goodbye to the house then.  And yes....I had a moment there.  But it wasnt quite as bad as I expected.  We've had an opportunity to get to know the people who are moving in, and honestly, at least for me, that's been a big part of the peace that I feel about the whole situation.  They're a great family with two little children, and they're so excited about living there.  I left some packages for the kids to keep them busy while their mom and dad do the unpacking and a Ciro's certificate for them to enjoy.  The mom and I have vowed that we'll get together to at least have a cup of coffee together because from our chat on the phone, it seems like we have much in common.  The way that this whole thing has worked out is such a blessing.

Our piano was also delivered yesterday morning and I'm in love.  Unfortunately, time to play it is going to be tough to come by since every time I sit down to play, there are two small people who descend on me like two vultures and immediately start pushing the keys.  I found a few Selah sheet music books and am really looking forward to practicing with those.  My having not played for, oh....15 years....has indeed limited my skills, but I'm hoping I can get back to at least a respectable point where I'm able to play for my own enjoyment without the rest of the family wanting to leave.  I have to have a goal, right?

No comments: