Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Birthday party pictures!

Thanks to Ruth, I have now been able to get some pictures from Mara's birthday uploaded from my camera!  Thank you so much, Ruth.  And Blogger....get your act together, please.

Mara and Grandma

The kids (minus baby Hayden).  Wonder what Joshua is looking at?

Mara wasted no time at all digging in to her cake.  You can tell she's the third child who has had bites and samples of lots of things because she knew JUST what to do with that cake and all its pink icing.

The aftermath.  Not as bad as I expected.  And I am pleased to report that I was able to remove all of the pink icing from her cute "Mara" shirt so that we can enjoy wearing it lots more.

Here was our wall of the pictures that I have taken of Mara each month.  I had hoped to string them into a pretty banner (even bought the ribbon to do it) and then just plain ran out of time.  This birthday party snuck up on me (big time!).  But we all enjoyed watching her grow and remembering all of the fun things that happened over the past year.

This is just a sample of the theme for her party.  I was in love with the penguins and the cute wintery things.  We had yummy hot chocolate, decorated with all things winter, and thanked the Lord that He didn't display His ability to dump snow on central PA like He can in the winter time as we celebrated her birthday.  I suspect that will be a fear every year for her January birthday, but we were ever so grateful for a reprieve from the winter yuck on this particular Saturday.

No comments: