Monday, October 21, 2013

Party Time!

Yesterday was Joshua's birthday party at our house, and to say he was excited was the understatement of the year.  Joshua has developed an intense love of football- akin to his love of the Presidents without a doubt.  I know it's a dream come true for Jason to have a son who loves to watch football with him and wants to know all about the game.  So it seemed a no brainer to have a football themed party for our little sports enthusiast this year.



Unfortunately, Aunt Libby, Uncle Zig and the girls were home bound for this party because Brooke was sick sick sick.  Joshua was sad to miss them and we hope they're all feeling much better soon.  But Nana and Pap, Grandma and Grandpa and the Mowry's were all on hand to help celebrate Joshua's special day.  His actual birthday is Friday, so expect me to be a puddle of mush at the thought of my baby turning 7.  But for now, consider yourself lucky!

 
Everyone dressed in their favorite football team's attire.  (So basically this turned into a PSU party, but who's complaining about THAT!)  There were some very cool presents which Joshua was very thankful for.  My proudest moment came last night after all of the mess was cleaned up and Joshua was sitting in the living room playing a football video game with Daddy.  I mentioned that I would put his thank you cards in my purse and we could work on them tomorrow after school.  At which point, Joshua stopped what he was doing and came out to the kitchen to start them right then.  He said saying thank you was more important than playing football.  I was so proud of him.
 

Here's a view of the cake I baked for Joshua.  I have to say, the more cakes I do for the kids, the more I like doing them.  I'm certainly no professional, but it's been fun to learn how to do the cakes.  You wouldn't have wanted to see the mess in the kitchen when I was working on the cake on Saturday, but Joshua's smile was well worth it.  I curse his peanut allergy most of the time, but I am thankful that we have found little blessings in it like this.

All of the kids gobbled up their cake.  And then I started feeding the leftovers to our neighbors.  Because that cake was GOOD, and my diet can't stand it being in the same house with me. 

There was lots of outside play time for the boys especially as they played football in the back yard.  Lauren participated for a while until she took a turn into the bad attitude department and decided to come inside.  And then she got a little silly on the deck.  OK....maybe a lot silly.  I adore that girl.


I told Emily earlier today that I keep looking at this picture of the little girls together and I just want to freeze them like they are right now.  So adorable.  They actually played relatively nicely together yesterday, despite the fact that Mara told me she had no intention of sharing any of her toys with Kinley.  Of course, she didn't say that, but the way she emphatically said "NO!" about a hundred times when I asked her to please share her toys told the whole story.  But they did great.

Cooper and Josh were like two peas in a pod in their PSU jerseys and playing football.  Cooper could probably teach Josh a thing or two after playing flag football this season, but I think they both had fun.

Our deck project is just about complete.  I'll post some pictures of it tomorrow unless the kids give me more exciting material tonight!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Happy birthday, Joshua! You did a great job with his cake, Megan! I am quite certain I could not create anything that looked half as nice as that. Way to go!