Thursday, November 20, 2014

Masquerading as a Stay-At-Home Mom

I am on day #2 of my stint masquerading as a Stay-At-Home Mom. Grandma has some surgery on her eye yesterday, so while she is resting and letting her eye heal, I have been staying at home with the kids.  I should first say that I feel incredibly blessed to have the job I do which allows me the opportunity to do this when necessary. I also have team members who work their tails off when I can't be there...and I don't take a second of that for granted.  Being a business owner means that even when you aren't in the office, you're still checking in and keeping an eye on things so I have been checking email and trying to stay in the loop that way. 

I will say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the last few days. I haven't found any time to relax- or even sit down for that matter- but it has been good to catch up on some things around the house. We have been to the vet and made more trips to and from Meadowbrook than I care to count. We have cooked and cleaned and folded until we couldn't do it anymore. 

Today I decided to snap some pictures of our fun. It is mostly the girls since Josh was at school most of the day. 

The pace of things in the morning between 5:30-7:30 is hurried at best, and frantic at worst. I get ready and then wake Josh and Lauren up at 6:30. Clothes, breakfast, backpacks ready, ice packs in lunchbox, vitamins and teeth brushed before they run out the door at 7:35. Mara has been awake for all of this routine the last couple of weeks and insists that she do the same things the big kids are doing. So that means dippy eggs times three instead of two. 

Then starts the time period I call, "magic".  It is just me and Mara who is quite possibly the sweetest little girl ever when she isn't having to fight with her brother and sister for attention or toys or whatever. I love it!  Today we spent about an hour playing babies together.




After that, we did a few puzzles and then headed upstairs to put the clean sheets on all 4 beds. While I did that and put away clothes, Mara used all of our pillows and laundry baskets to make a hideout in our bedroom. She played so nicely in there that I managed all of the beds AND three other baskets of clothes to fold and put away. 

Then we went out to get Lauren picked up at school. She was so thrilled that I got to pick her up again.  I love that smile when she comes running out of class.  



After lunch, I worked on some mini banana muffins (and banana bread) for Lauren to bring to her Thanksgiving party next week. While I did that, the girls were upstairs playing in the hideout and apparently getting ready for the beach. They had their bathing suits on and Lauren was pushing Mara around upstairs in the laundry basket (their boat). 




Then, at 2:30 we left to get Joshua.  I let them play at The Well after school to burn off some energy. They had a blast but I didn't get a picture because they were all running too fast!  All that playing led to this...


Tired kiddos. Who also still happen to be dressed for the beach. Happy Mama.  My cup runneth over. So thankful. 



No comments: