Thursday, September 24, 2015

Tiny Dancer

No one would ever accuse me of being graceful. Judging by the number of falls I have taken in recent years, I would think it is safe to say that "grace" (in the sense of movement with beauty) is just not high up on my list of gifts. But Lauren....well, she seems to have something brewing and growing in that department. 

This year, she is old enough to select classes at her studio based on styles of dance. I was hoping we would be limited to one class, but secretly had prepared myself for two because not only does Lauren love to dance, but she is also the most indecisive child you could ever meet. She tried both ballet and jazz on the first night of class.  I held my breath as she came out of the second class, thinking for sure that I was going to have to decide whether this was one of the times as a mom that you hold fast to the rules or bend to meet the sweet little girl who truly can't choose. But she smiled and said with absolute certainty, "I want to do ballet."  And so it is. 


Her class is on Wednesday nights, which means one more trip to Lewisburg, but we do get a chance to eat a quick dinner together before we go.  Thank you, crock pot. The class is relatively small, and these pictures make it look especially so because a few of the girls weren't there. But she is having a blast. 


And so am I...just watching her do her thing. What a blessing to have a chance to have a front row seat for her as she learns something new. And if God sees fit to bless me with a little more grace through osmosis, I wouldn't have any complaints. 

No comments: